Qualifications for PreK
In order to be eligible to enroll in the Morgan County PreK Program, the following must apply:
- The child must be 4 years old on or before August 15, the current year.
- The child may NOT be 5 years old on or before August 15, the current year.
- The child must have a recent physical exam and updated immunizations. According to the State Health Department, a child entering preschool must have completed immunizations as if entering kindergarten. This includes the 4th DTP, 3rd Polio, and 2nd MMR.
- The parent/guardian of the child must complete all of the required paperwork including income verification.
- The PreK state statute specifics that each LEA is authorized to and may enroll any at-risk child who is 4 years old by August 15 and resides in the geographic area served by the LEA, with first priority given to those children who are eligible for the free/reduced lunch program. If a school system accurately identified the number of unserved at-risk children in the school district, every effort should be made to fill these classrooms with this group of children leaving no room for non-at-risk children.
Enrollment Priority Requirements:
1st Students eligible for the free and reduced lunch program 2ndStudents with disabilities (IEP) If an insufficient number of children meeting the above enrollment requirements are enrolled to fill a specific classroom, the LEA may enroll any child who meets the age requirements and the requirements set forth by the Community PreK Advisory Council. 3rdStudents who meet local at-risk criteria as established by the local Community PreK Advisory Council, such as
- Premature Birth
- Teen Parent
- Single Parent
- Grandparent Raising Child
Last Modified on April 7, 2022