Staff Dress Code - Adopted April 9, 2013In keeping with the educational purpose of MCS schools, all personnel are expected to dress and groom themselves with a sense of professionalism. Each employee is expected to keep his or her person and clothing clean and neat. It is expected that each employee, while exercising his or her right to dress in an individual way, will also show through his or her appearance a high degree of respect for the standards of decency, cleanliness, and style generally accepted by the school and community. The following will apply to employee dress when students are present.Appropriate/Acceptable Attire
- Dress and casual shirts
- Dress and casual slacks
- Dress and casual shoes
- Dresses, jumpers, dress shorts and skirts (must be knee length or longer)
- Leggings with appropriate knee length top/dress
- School logo shirts
- Shirts, blouses, or tops that are strapless or have spaghetti straps
- Shirts, blouses, or tops that are not long enough to be tucked in
- Tight, sheet, exposing, low-cut, or revealing articles of clothing
- Leggings worn as pants
- Exercise/yoga attire
- Any article of clothing which is baggy, saggy, holey, frayed, or bleached out
- Visible piercings, other than ears
- Casual jeans are permitted for Technology Department employees, CTE/Occupational teachers, bus drivers, custodians, and maintenance staff.
- Knee length shorts may be worn by bus drivers.
- Physical education teachers may dress appropriately for the day's planned activities.
- Attire for special activities (ex: field trips, field day) is allowed per principal approval.
Last Modified on August 7, 2013