Interested and qualified juniors and seniors are encouraged to sign up for courses offered through area Tennessee Technology Centers and Roane State Community College.
Roane State Courses:
- Dual enrollment means a student will receive both high school and college credit for successfully completing the course.
- In order to be eligible to take a Dual Enrollment course, a student must have both a GPA equal to or greater than a 3.0, and a score equal to or greater than a 19 on the appropriate subtest of the ACT.
- Students will need to provide their own transportation to RSCC or TTC.
- Scholarship money may pay a portion of the cost of one college course per semester (up to 4 semesters) with the student responsible for the difference.
- Students who successfully pass a dual enrollment course will receive a grade on their high school transcript that is one letter grade higher than the RSCC grade, with the exception of a failing grade.
- All dual enrollment classes will be reviewed and approved by school administrators, and on-line classes may be taken with administrator approval only.
- Students may not take four courses off-campus without administrative approval. Students are responsible for keeping up to date with important events and activities at their home school.
- Students will not be allowed to audit a class. If a student withdraws within the proper time frame of RSCC policy, then a class will be scheduled for that student at their home school or the Morgan County Career & Technical Center.
- Students must submit the RSCC application form and $20 and be admitted to RSCC in order to enroll in classes for college credit.
- Contact your school counselor for applications to begin this process.
- Students will need transportation since some of the sources are offered at the various Roane State campuses in the area (like Wartburg, Harriman, Oak Ridge, and Crossville).
- Art Appreciation
- College Algebra
- Emergency Medical Technology
- English Composition I
- General Biology
- Intro to Business
- Music Appreciation
- Safety & First Aid
- World Geography
- World Literature
Last Modified on April 17, 2013